Thursday, April 5, 2007

Again, there’s an increase in interest rates of Housing Loan

As warned by the Bank & as I expected, interest rates have once again increased in this quarter.

So, what should one choose? Fixed rate or Floating Rate?
I don’t have an answer for this. I’ve seen finance advisers might give some answers that themselves are not sure of.
Recently, I was talking to an executive of HDFC home loans; he speculates the floating rate can go upto 13%, not beyond that. I hope that turns true.
With reference to RBI’s hikes, already ICICI Bank hiked floating interest rates to 12.75% & HDFC Bank to 11.25% while the fixed rate remains at 13.25%.

What it means to the buyers in Bangalore?
I don’t think buyers will shy away from buying land or apartment as the interest rates are going up. If they do then may be 10-20%. You call it a bubble; you call it Demand-Supply dynamics, real estate is growing crazily in Bengaluru.

Disclosure: I'm on Housing loan with floating interest rate,there had been inrease in rates 2 times in the span of 7 Months & one more hike is notified in the Month of July :(

No comments: